With the Rocky Mountains in our backyard, Denver is the perfect mix of urban and outdoor life.
The DISH Headquarters is located in Englewood, just south of downtown Denver. Based on population, Denver is the 24th largest city in the U.S. with over 600,000 residents and is the perfect mix of urban and outdoor life. With the Rocky Mountains in our backyard, we can accommodate just about any outdoor activity, in addition to having the nation's second largest performing arts center. Denver offers hiking, biking, and rafting in the summer and world-class skiing and snowboarding in the winter. No matter what you enjoy doing - you'll find it in Denver!
More on Denver
- According to the Brookings Institution, based on a review of recent Census data, "Denver was the No. 1 destination in the country for people aged 25-34 between 2008 and 2010. That is up from No. 12 in the period from 2005 to 2007."
- The elevation of Denver is 5,280 feet, one mile above sea level.
- Denver averages 300 sunny days each year, which is more than San Diego or Miami Beach.
- Denver is a "sports capital" with all four Major League sports (NHL, NBA, NFL, and MLB), as well as champion professional soccer and lacrosse teams.
- Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in the City limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains.
- Denver is among the fittest cities in the U.S., according to a federal study.
- Denver is among the top 5 most highly educated cities in the U.S., with the highest percentage of high school and college graduates.
- Denver citizens contribute more public funding for the arts per capita than any other U.S. city.
- Colorado is home to 22 different ski resorts that rate among the best in the world.
Life at DISH HQ
Using our advanced satellite technology, our Executive Team simulcasts business updates for all employees on a quarterly basis.
DISH hosts several web forums to gather and discuss employee feedback about virtually every aspect of our business from a customer and employee perspective. Employee questions and suggestions are helping us become best-in-class in everything we do.
Outside of work, we have several sports leagues including volleyball, hockey and softball.
In addition to small events hosted by individual teams, we take time to have fun throughout the year. Our programming partners will often host festivities to promote the launch of a new series or season.