Satellite TV Installers
Begin a Career as a TV Installer / Technician
As a Satellite TV Technician / Installer at DISH, you'll find more opportunities and career potential than anywhere else.
Our Fortune 200 Company continues to define the curve in television entertainment. We are always improving and extending our programming and delivering greater value to both our subscribers and our workforce of 22,000 plus. Come explore the big picture with us!
Our Application Process is simple:
Select a Location
with an opening
based on instructions
and meet our minimum requirements
please allow approximately 1 hour to complete
Salary & Benefits
DISH offers our Satellite TV Technicians / Installers:
- Competitive hourly and overtime pay plus paid training, vans, tools and uniforms
- Medical, dental and vision insurance and paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) with company matched funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee stock purchase plan and profit sharing
- Free DISH Satellite TV system and programming
- Highly independent work with unmatched promotional opportunities
At DISH we invest in our Satellite TV Installers/Technicians. We provide classroom and on-the-job training as well as a van, tools and uniforms. Our Satellite TV Installers/Technicians are responsible for multiple customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys, installing satellite equipment, ensuring a quality broadband internet connection and educating our customers on their award winning DISH Satellite TV services.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Inventory - maintain accurate inventory and equipment for installations, service calls or trouble tickets.
- Conduct site survey - determine the best positioning of our equipment for strongest signal reception.
- Equipment installation - place mounts, satellite dishes and receivers while ensuring broadband connectivity.
- Customer education - review order with the customer and teach them the basics to use and enjoy their new service and equipment.
- Dish Smart Home Services - successful technicians have the opportunity to offer our customers additional services and products while earning incentives and building new skill sets that will propel them into the future of in-home services delivery.
- Verification - ensure the completed order meets the customer’s needs.
A successful Satellite TV Installer/Technician will have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- High school diploma or GED required; college or technical/vocational school a plus.